5 Reasons Why You Should Use XAMPP
XAMPP is a free, open-source, cross-platform web server solution stack package developed by Apache Friends, consisting mainly of the Apache HTTP Server, MariaDB database, and interpreters for scripts written in the PHP and Perl programming languages. XAMPP stands for Cross-Platform (X), Apache (A), MariaDB (M), PHP (P) and Perl (P). It is a simple, lightweight Apache distribution that makes it easy for developers to create a local web server for testing and deployment purposes. XAMPP is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
There are several reasons why someone might use XAMPP:
- It is easy to install: XAMPP is simple to install and easy to use, making it a popular choice for developers who want to set up a local development environment quickly.
- It is cross-platform: XAMPP works on Windows, macOS, and Linux, so it is a good choice for developers who work on multiple platforms.
- It includes all the necessary components: XAMPP includes Apache, MariaDB, PHP, and Perl, which are the most common components used in web development. This means that you don’t have to install each component separately, saving you time and effort.
- It is customizable: XAMPP allows you to choose which components you want to install, so you can customize your development environment to suit your needs.
- It is open-source: XAMPP is open-source software, which means that it is freely available for anyone to use and modify. This makes it a good choice for developers who want to contribute to the project or customize it for their own needs.