What is a Proxy? How to configure Proxy Settings?
In its simplest terms, it is a tool for passing through another channel to connect to a site. It is referred to as “Intermediary Server” or “Proxy Server” in English.
Proxy technology; Although it was developed for the purposes of providing online privacy and faster internet experience, it is used today to access banned sites. It can also be used for a secure and fast connection. Proxy use is also common among companies for a faster and safer connection where the original internet server is insufficient. Using a proxy allows you to connect to the internet from a free platform, which is thought to be better and of better quality.
Each internet provider can easily access the 2020 Proxy Settings section of the program. If we talk about the three main programs most used in our country, they are as follows.
Google Chrome Proxy Settings
It is possible to make proxy settings in your Google Chorme browser by following the steps below:
- Click on the three dots in a row located at the top right of your Google Chrome browser.
- Click on “Settings” in the window that opens.
- Click the “Advanced” button on the left.
- Click the “System” button in the menu that opens.
- Click on “Turn on your computer’s proxy settings” in the menu that opens.
- Click the “Use proxy” button in the “Manual proxy setup” section.
- Check the box next to “Do not use proxy for local (intranet) addresses” in the “Use a proxy server” section.
- Say “ok” by typing your proxy address in the “Address” field.